Wednesday, March 24, 2010

thought #78- same feeling, different people

i like the way you crane your neck and hold your skull, ruffling your tousled locks in the process. i like the way you tap on the desk, like rhythmic pulsation in sync with one's own heartbeat. i like the way your eyes remind me of glass windows that i am ever tempted to throw a stone at and explore inside. i like the way you scribble in your little black book, nod to yourself, hum hum hum, sip your tea, epiphany, scribble and repeat again. i like the way you can spend an entire afternoon with nothing but your holga and a piece of chalk; writing our names on the pavement whilst watching and snapping people tread all over it (that way you know fragments of you and me go wherever that stranger goes too). i like the way you open up ancient atlases, randomly find a location in the world and tell me we'll escape there one day, just the two of us. i like the way you never call but never forget to write me a post-it note on my doorstep. i like the way you like to wear your grandfather's sweater. i like the way you're dishevelled yet sophisticated. i like the way you're one huge irony in human form. i like the way you buy me quirky m quaint ashtrays every time you visit the markets or leave the country, yet refuse to buy me cigarettes. i like the way you purposely say things just to see my face cringe at your horrible romantic notions. i like the way you call me strange names from strange books we read together on a sunny afternoon, reclined on beach chairs and sipping wine. i like the way your face lights up (literally), and your inability to concentrate or sit still when you have something exciting to tell me. i like the way you tell me the truth, like how shit my cooking is, yet still eat it because you know how hard i tried. i like the way we dance in the living room in the dark. i like how you are the greatest, yet so very marred and far from perfect.

i don't like that we share the same feeling. that you can write your own list about someone else other than me...

love,


ps. birthday wish #935737593- a holga! froth haha. 

1 comment: