Monday, June 21, 2010

thought #116- gonna take you away from home

oh how i adore angus and julia stone especially at this ungodly hour. instead of studying intensely for economics on wednesday, i find myself procrastinating and desiring nothing but to write irrelevant details of life once again. so this letter challenge which everyone has jumped on is quite delightful. i mean i would totally have done the daily surprises but frankly i cant be bothered. and i am bothered right at this moment. so im going to do it all in one post. i know im such a letterwhore, having a tumblr dedicated to writing letters already haha. but lets hope this will get me to sleep. these will also be the shortest letters ever. no essays, promise.

LETTER ONE-
Dear Best Friend,

I admit, I have been the shittest best friend lately. I have been so entangled by my own selfish and jealous priorities and have pushed you away. I'm sorry. When you should be first. Thank you, that regardless, you are still my best friend. Let's talk. Not soon, not tomorrow, not after this chapter to memorise. Now. I love you.

Love Abi.

LETTER TWO-
Dear Crush,

I honestly don't know if you still take this title in my life. You probably do, I just don't want you to anymore. Nevertheless, I have much to thank you for. We could of perhaps been a lovely two. Our imperfections never made sense to us but I was willing to love you anyway. I guess this is the part where we politely agree "Oh well. It was nothing anyway."

Love Abi.

LETTER THREE-
Dear Mum and Dad,

I've already written alot about you lately. Right now I'm frustrated at you both so I can't stubbornly see past our misunderstandings. But I know we will. Get past it, like we always do. I will always love and respect you both, no matter how I'm feeling.

Love Abi

LETTER FOUR-
Dear Grandma,

You are the closest relative (literally) to me. You are an inspiration. I love learning life stories through you. Thank you for teaching me to never cheapen out on fashion and to always keep red lipstick in my pocket. I can't wait till you turn one hundred and we get that letter from the queen. You will alway be beautiful to me.

Love Abi.


LETTER FIVE-
Dear Dreams,

You are innumerable. You seem to give birth every day. Some I hope to do in the near future, some a few years down the track. All I hope to accomplish. I hope to become a better human being by seeing you turn into a reality. If you don't happen to make an appearance in my life, it's ok. I'll know then that you were never meant for me. Thank you in advance for making me happy.

Love Abi.

LETTER SIX-
Dear Stranger,

I've always had a penchant for strangers. Maybe its the mysteriousness or the journey that waits to discover who they really are. I don't know if I will ever be your friend, or know anything beyond your first name. I would just like to say thank you for making my Sundays a little bit brighter. I don't mind us being strangers to each other. As long as I get to admire you from afar and concoct potential realities for you. Until we really do meet...

Love Abi

LETTER SEVEN-
Dear Ex- boyfriend/Girlfriend/Love/Crush

You will always be affiliated with good memories because we never had horrible times together. I still value you highly and wish we talked more often than we do. I hope we can still be friends.  I miss plenty of things but you are part of the past. Because of you, I don't need to dwell or remain fixated by a single year of my life. Thank you for teaching me to be unafraid of the present.

Love Abi.

LETTER EIGHT-
Dear Favourite Internet Friend,

I immediately thought of you when I saw the title. Thank you for keeping me company until the most ungodly hours of the morning. Thank you for making me laugh and smile with our moments of syncopation and desire for a Maccas run. I wish you lived closer. Until our city playdate, you will always be the boy in the polaroid entitled facebook bffl, stuck on my wall,  in my new home when I move out... unless you beat me to it.

Love Abi.

LETTER NINE-
Dear Someone I wish I could... BE,

I wish to be you because you are amazing. In more ways than one. You may have a better life than I, a better everything than I, but you are still human. So I guess I have to put up with your shit too. But the day you tire from being yourself, give me a call. I'll gladly take your place.

Love Abi

All lettered out. now the fun lies in guessing who's who! HAHA

love.

1 comment: