Tuesday, February 23, 2010

thought # 64- it's the little things

in life which truly impact. i mean yes the significant, drastic, life altering things always make an impact and influence in our world as a whole, but i truly believe in the small, minute, when no one notices, iotas of triviality which we always tend to dismiss as nothing more than "it just happens." today i went on another trek to the city and experienced numerous little but lovely things today.

i appreciated the way this man scooted across for another man to sit beside him on the 616X to the city that morning, and i appreciated the way the thankful man quickly waved in gratitude to the other as they seperated. i appreciated the way people, in their busy routines of life, paused internally to smile once an eye was caught along that long tunnel thing from central station. i appreciated the way i entered my first compulsory seminar (slightly late) and how that lovely lady pushed her table aside for me to pass through the squishy aisle. i appreciated the way the lady in the uts toilet admired my boots whilst drying her own hands simultaneously. i appreciated waiting for a train to newtown from redfern and the eclectic folk that surrounded me. i appreciated the lady who sold me those cheap shoe boots i had lusted for three weeks and found still lying in the window front yearning to be owned by myself. i appreciated the delightful $7 lunch special at maggi's thai restaurant and even more appreciative that the waiter let me cash out at the atm adjacent to the restaurant after i had eaten. i appreciated the lady's kindness when i accidently hit her with my big ass mimco bag whilst trying to sit down on the train.  i appreciated the way the young school girl asked if she could sit next to me on the bus. i appreciated the way so many people bought lovely shit from friperie at its launch. i appreciated the way my mother was keen to help me with the my little hobby. i appreciated many things today.

small, simple things that make me appreciate life even when i feel frustrated by the present circumstances. so shit happens, and things aren't always delightful and rosy and amazingly euphoric. i'm not feeling very splendid at all this week. yet when you're drowned in the kindness of strangers and friends alike, you cannot help thank the one above that there is always, always something to smile about at the conclusion of the day.


ps. i appreciate julian casablancas, santogold and pharrell williams. i really do.

2 comments:

  1. wow strange.. i experienced similar things when i went exploring the city solo.
    p.s i didnt really like "my drive thru"

    ReplyDelete
  2. you start seeing things when you're by yourself haha.
    and really? i liked it haha.

    ReplyDelete