Tuesday, February 16, 2010

thought# 61- my new baby

to be honest, i haven't been in much deep contemplation lately, simply because my mind has been preoccupied with the impulsive birthing of a totally foreign concept to me- online thrift stores. out of a burst of inspiration due to a random encounter with stores such as http://shopenvanite.blogspot.com, as well as deep contemplation regarding the prospect of employment whilst in university, i decided that i could rid myself of less clutter and more bones through a simple, straightforward thrift store. first, let me reiterate its more of an extended garage sale where my lovely shit will be for anyone and everyone to view and purchase (provided you live in sydney) rather than a high end vintage boutique similarly to the ones you froth over at newtown or surry hills. i wish i had enough beautiful stuff but most of my pieces are ugly, weird, out of date and could use some alterations to look better. hence why i'm selling them dirt cheap and allowing you to use your creativity and embrace them as your own.

friperie, so far has been the most painless, effortless birth i've had (and might i add my first haha). i feel like mary (not intending to sound sacrilegious) haha but anyway, it feels like a brilliant idea that may totally flop or not. im hoping for the later. so spread the word friends, and let everyone know. friperie (french for second hand store, because im a french wannabe as you all know haha) will be officially launching its first range of items for sale next week 23/2/10. so don't miss it. things will be ridiculously underpriced as im attempting to get them out of my house so snag a bargain.

visit http://friperiesydney.blogspot.com for more details. thanks and hope to see you as my potential customers haha.

love

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait. My photos will make your shit look even better.

    =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. me neither, so excited! it will be so much fun! oh and feel free to purchase items while you're at mine :P haha.
    ps. i wish i had an slr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so excited.

    Too bad your a size tiny and I wont fit into anything but I will defo check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also can we send you some stuff to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you tam!
    and ari i have heaps of stuff you can fit! and yes of course, i have to check it out first though haha.
    and spread the word folks.
    love you all.

    ReplyDelete