Tuesday, April 6, 2010

thought #82- me or the thought of me?

i think sometimes in life we are attracted to the very thought of being with someone, attaining that desired object, living out that fantasised moment. yet when the day comes to confront whatever that maybe we suddenly find ourselves questioning if we really wanted what is coming to us. sometimes it takes for us to face a precipice before we ask ourselves "do i really love this or everything that is associated with this?" was it merely a feeling, under the influence, which caused us to swoon or is it simply this?

i guess john mayer's question in i dont trust myself with loving you stands a reality that we must continually ask ourselves in life "who do you love- me or the thought of me?" just as my former favourite boy wisely shared "we have to be sure we want to be with the person and not the time associated with them." how true this rings.

so i guess it calls for us to re-evaluate the priorities in our life, the people we consider elite and privileged. especially with the person you adore. it must be asked: if things were to be stripped away, if daily physical contact was severed, if communication crumpled like paper to a fist, if time continued to pass, if contemplation was stolen by life's other jealous priorities, if everything was not on our side, could we still say we wholeheartedly love each other and know with internal affirmation that no matter what we still want each other and no one else?

love,


ps. could you still love me like this? haha

1 comment:

  1. It's time I admit it, I don't actually like you, just the fact that we went to school together.


    =P

    ReplyDelete