Tuesday, April 20, 2010

thought # 86- young and restless, old and careless.

it is approximately 1:12pm. i am in the midst of studying for my last exam. thank the good Lord that they are almost over. now for the results... but i am not even beginning to ponder. i just want my mid sem break next week! so the events of my past week have been very eventful. i cannot help but smile at the antics that i find myself affiliated with.

firstly, saturday night was brilliant. it was one of the most interesting, fun, splendid, messy, embarrassing, aching, mischievous nights ever. it was definitely the way i wanted to spend my 18th birthday, in comparison to the frills and agonising preparation of a debut (i love debuts by the way, just not my personal cup of tea). the beginning of the evening was slightly stressful i must say, everything from lugging around a giant cupcake with my mother through qvb in toe crunching heels, booking at westend and dinner hickups at radisson. nevertheless, by the time we had finished our din din, which was absolutely delicious, things had run smoothly and we were all in much merriment. my lovely parents and lola left us at radisson and the party truly began!

we first arrived at the ivy sandwiched between gorgeous business suited folk and overpriced drinks. im pretty sure i had a fair share of drinks in the hour we were there haha. sadly my feet killed and any proposition of dancing would cause my toes to literally snap. we waited till chris came and then i went to the ridiculously long bathroom queue with sam. one observation i must add is how i absolutely loathe having to go to the loo every 20min after drinking. its so inconvenient, untimely and frankly tiring haha. after the meets, greets, perving, pathetic giddiness subsided, we all agreed to visit oxford art factory.

hopping inside a taxi, we arrived at oxford street in the company of a million smoking teenagers, and an eclectic collection of people. with an id asked for the third time (i was quite happy haha) the atmosphere changed into a laid back, gritty, dirty sort of scenery (especially compared to the ivy haha). but nonetheless, it was a splendid experiencing, sipping and puffing away, in the company of drunken friends and itune selected beats haha. the night passed by oh so quickly and before we knew it, it was around 3ish. my feet had given up any ability to walk, move or function hence i agreed to go back to the hotel and get some sleep (the need to study on that sunday morning also kept me from being on the prowl till 6am).

we all arrived back at westend and after much chatter, restlessness, recollections, music playing we all fell asleep. the pillow was horrible and i kept waking up incessantly either because it was too hot, too cold, my neck was sore or my feet was sore. i finally awoke at 9am and woke the other tired little bodies. we checked out just before 10am and the girls and i caught the train and bus back. i arrived home utterly gone and dilapidated. but regretted nothing.

after a brief study and nanna nap, we all went to sunday night church which was fantastic haha. then before i knew it, my sunday was over. so i guess my weekend was amazing and brilliant and one of those weekends that cause you to smile to yourself and chuckle internally. now to return to marketing study (sigh). i guess i could tell you about yesterdays unique playdate with elle as well but ill leave that for next time haha.

love,

p.s. yes that was one sexy birthday cupcake, and yes im embarrassing cause i dont know how to blow out birthday candles haha. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I missed it, but I'm so glad you had an amazing night.

    ps. Yes, I expect a detailed account of our date! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude next time right. when u drink heaps. and u need to pee... hold it for ages. cause once you piss.. you have to piss every 20 mins... and wont stop.. its like snapping something and its continuous. its so god damn annoying!

    that is my input for today.
    kthanks. LOL

    ReplyDelete