Saturday, November 28, 2009

thought # 15- hoola hooping is not dead

just ask my parents. they are convinced after reading an article regarding this woman who (with the contribution of a healthy diet, other forms of exercise and inhumane amounts of self-control) dropped 3-4 dress sizes by hoola hooping everyday. so after this inspiring article, they bought a hoola hoop at crazy petes and have now added to their regime of walking together everyday by hoola hooping.

as a mere spectator and encourager (this title is questionable) i must say that their practise of the art of maintaining a circular ring across your hips for as long as you can is hilarious. it is so entertaining, watching as my parents in all their adorableness, jiggle their way through lovehandles and watch as they perspire in an attempt to keep this single hoop around their body. its like watching the olympics. you feel the pressure and the dissapointment each time the hoop hits the ground, you sense the unspoken competition between the two and most of all you witness the moments of glory as they break their previous personal bests and congratulate through laughter as they rub their bruised knees and sore backs. it really is a sport.

im still trying to convince them to buy another and go tandem hoola hooping, but they don't believe they're at that stage yet. all this twisting and twirling and exercise makes me wish that i had actually learnt how to hoola hoop in my younger years. but being the lazy resident of our humble abode, i prefer watching and exploding with laughter at witnessing my parents exercise regimes. however i have a good feeling that it will no longer be funny when they eventually drop a few dress sizes and look amazing, having mastered the art of hoola hooping. whilst i remain uneducated and far from being in shape haha.

love

N.B. i can't find the camera but as soon as i do i shall post a picture of the infamous hoola hoop.
p.s. if my parents end up reading this, im sorry for revealing your personal exclusive exercise regime. you're still pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. HULA HOOPING IS AWESOME. hands down.

    I too have yet to learn this forgotten art. People who can do this just look awesome (thank you bonds ad).

    I watched in envy as kids at my church played with one effortlessly, while I, in my glorious gawky self, swung my hips awkwardly and epic failed again and again and embarrassingly again.

    I am off to Kmart to buy one today.

    ReplyDelete