Sunday, March 3, 2013

thought #263- snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity

so i've returned home to the comforts of my own king single bed, the scorching hot suburban scenery, home cooked meals, uni work, band practices and the relentless search for a graduate job. in totality it's been about nine days and as much as i love my family, friends, familiarity and the change of not having to leave the house with seven layers, i really do miss london and europe and all the glories of the northern hemisphere. i do often at times feel like a broken record, recounting about the people i miss, the blurred memories i embarrassingly recollect and the holiday mode lifestyle. now i must face the bigger picture of growing up, graduating and achieving success in life. the thought of having to get my shit altogether is frankly quite frightening and i'm unsure as to how i feel about the impending future. i know that part of me believes that it will be equally if not more hard work regardless if i relocate to london or find a job away from home but i feel so comfortable there. it really feels like i've left my heart  back in intersecting tube lines, along the flurry and fuss of oxford street, somewhere deep in an ash tray or coffee cup at brick lane or even in regents among the filthy rich folk i once called my classmates. i often think to myself, how is it possible that six months flew by that quickly? that everything is a mere blur. i feel everything that happened in europe was but a dream like procession and i've awoken back to the reality of home and hardship haha. perhaps the world will continue revolving and the friends i met back there will forget me soon enough but i honestly can't help remembering it. recalling those times as if they were the best days of my life, my glory days. but part of me doesn't want to seem enthralled by the past. that the present and future is too bright to be seen with closed eyes. i can only hope that as i start sorting life out, getting the hang of things once again, that i can find success and favour for the remainder of 2013. that my future will slowly but surely start carving itself into something i can see myself being a part of. whether it means being stuck in aus or being reunited with my first love, europe. whatever happens i just have to remain hopeful, hardworking and resistant of reminiscing especially about past heartbreaks.... haha

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment