Saturday, November 13, 2010

thought #169- love is not the absence of hate

it's the absence of fear.


Day 7: A photo of someone you love


to be honest, there isn't a lot of people i truly wholeheartedly love. i know that sounds monstrous and horrible but it's true. i mean of course i adore my friends and favourites but at the end of the day if someone were to ask me who i, apart from God, unconditionally love, sacrifice myself for it would be my parents. i mean yes we get into a lot of shit and arguments and sometimes they drive me insane (though i suspect the feeling is mutual) they have loved me (by default) ever since i came into this world and i know whatever happens they will never cease to. these are the people i can trust, who look out for me, who try to understand me, who want what's best for me even if i can't see the benefit. at the end of the day these are the two who would dive in front of a bullet for me. i'm there one and only and i love them immensely.

it kind of saddens me when i hear kids saying how much they hate their parents, and i mean yes there are times when their stubborn, tough love makes you want to punch someone in the face, but your parents are the only ones you've got. you don't get a second pair. i say make the most of what you've got. love what you have. see things from their perspective and even at the points you disagree, respect the difference. i hate to sound like im lecturing, because i'm far from the perfect example of how to be an immaculate child, i just know there's no gain in being depressed and distant with your parents. i've tried it before and being angry is just shit. you don't gain anything being the "misunderstood" immature delinquent. i know, i know cheesedick suck up spiel. but it's the truth. until i find a man who is synonymous with love, the closest platonic thing i've got are my two old farts. bless them.

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment